Sunday, September 2, 2018

Small fish in the sea

This weekend marks the end of an agonising week, one of which I was tormented by the burden of potential failure and disappointment. What started out as a leisure pursuit to escape routine grew unwittingly into a source of stress that I had no desire for. Mental anguish plagued the long days, while night offered little respite with my mind refusing to rest from the nagging anxiety.

But discomfort is an excellent teacher, for little did I know how little I knew. For a long time I settled comfortably in the shell of my oyster, priding over little triumphs and ignorant of the powerful currents of the world beyond. Only through the crevices formed by this immense pressure was I rudely awakened from my complacency, forced to re-examine my own fragile position in this big sea.

And from there, bruised and battered, I will build myself up again.

1 comment:

Sheep said...

Wew congrats on surviving! All the best, hang in there! ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ

Pages