

I'm really looking forward to Cambridge in the UK itinerary.
One of the places I'm psyched about visiting is the Cambridge University. It's 1) one of the oldest universities in the world (started in 1209), and 2) ranked first in the world in last year's QS World University Rankings. The campus grounds are probably brimming with history and intelligence.
I remember telling someone a while back that I HAD to take a boat ride down the River Cam one day, but I didn't think that that day would come so soon. Punting, they call it. The university also has all these museums and collections on their sprawling campus site with free admissions. I'm looking forward most to the Fitzwilliam Musuem because it seems to hold such a diverse range of artifacts from all sorts of cultures and eras. It'll be like walking back to a time zone of randomness. Or at least I hope it would be.


Then there's also attending the McFly concert on one of the days, and hopefully a visit to the beautiful Wimpole Estate, which is this huge country house with acres of parkland and farmland - basically grass. There's an event over a couple of weeks where you can witness the live birth of a lamb but sadly we missed that by 3 days (only! I would camp there for hours just on the promise of seeing sheep give birth ok.) Plans are to rent a bicycle and explore the estate on our own free time and breathe in the fine country air.
If it's really lovely I can propose to my parents to retire there and freelance as farmers.
I'm sure they'll love it.
5 comments:
OMG YOU'RE GONNA SEE MCFLY? I'm gonna die with jealousy now.
Looks so beautiful!!!!!! Take a million pictures k!!
Haha Raquel I never thought I'll be seeing them live too. Nava's the huge fan!
Yes Dee can't wait to work my photog skills there ahha :)
Please tell Dougie that I love him very much.
Please tell Dougie that I love him very much.
Post a Comment