7 years on and I am back on my ancestors' land. I realised the villages of both my parents' ancestors are within close proximity to each other — it took only half an hour by car to get from my father's village to my mum's. If my great grandparents didn't leave the island for greener pastures and if fate lent its hand once more, there might be the slightest possibility that I would be brought into this world in Hainan as a villager. And this would be the tiniest peek into what my life would be like.
The monkey king.
The lady was ushering her chickens into the coop by coo-ing away. We were all very impressed.
This is how you cook for an entire village. This top chef spent most part of his day at this outdoor makeshift kitchen with his helpers. They slaughtered the chickens nearby too (just outside this frame).
I kinda wished I continued my calligraphy writing.
This man writes more beautifully by brush than I write by pen.
Hugging Guanyin's toes at Sanya. 临时抱佛脚. 哈哈哈
The Hainanese family of travellers. :)


1 comment:
Your trip looked amazing! It must be really nice to get down to seeing firsthand what life is like there and how the people live. So glad your family got to travel together!
Post a Comment