The time to run is now. I cannot mope around waiting for the perfect opportunity to arise or coax myself that I need more time to build up confidence to pursue what I have set for myself.
The confidence is in me already. What I believe to be the true hindering cause behind my inertia is fear. The fear of failure. We tell ourselves we are not ready yet and that we still need more time. The stalling excuse we use to comfort ourselves for resting on our laurels. We are so comfortable with where we are in life because there hasn't been a reason compelling enough to throttle forward. Sheltered and privileged we are as university graduates, most of us see our short-term end point at graduation. That we still have these few precious years to play and enjoy our youth before we have to face responsibilities and work. Our parents got it covered for us, haven't they? So we forget. We forget why we go to school. We forget that there is a whole life ahead of us that our real lives do not begin the moment we throw our mortarboards into the air. There is time. And the time to run is now.
This quote from the business insider has stuck with me:
Never try to be the smartest or luckiest person — just make sure you outwork everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment